Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gov. Snyder's First State of the State - A Good Start

Last night, Governor Snyder gave his first "State of the State" address, and I must say, I liked much of what I heard. To be sure, I only listened for 15 minutes or so on the way home from work, but he made some good points that fuel my suspicions that he is a pragmatist who will govern from the center.

I'm not sure what to make of his stance against ergonomic standards (I had no idea they were an issue), but his support for the Pure Michigan campaign and his backing of a second international bridge in Detroit are very positive in my view for the state. Also, I like his commitment to cities and his idea to expand his Office of Urban Initiatives to cities like Flint, Saginaw, and Grand Rapids - all of our cities need help.

It is a good start...now he just needs to get the Legislature on board, which is no easy task, unfortunately...

No comments:

Post a Comment