Saturday, May 9, 2009

Why I love Detroit

It has been a while since our last post, and a lot has happened in the meantime. Chrysler went bankrupt. Muhammad Baba moved to the city. I visited the city three or four times. Unfortunately, work has kept me too busy to blog much.

I did come across an interesting piece from CNN that collects the thoughts of some Detroiters about what they love about the City. Strangely, one of the Detroiters came up in a side conversation the other day. Some mentioned buildings, or roads, or even the view. Anyways, here is the link: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/news/0904/gallery.why_I_love_Detroit/index.html

Some day, I will have to post the things I love about Detroit.

Why do you love Detroit?

2 comments:

  1. I love Detroit because it brought all of us here. Without Detroit, we are not who we are. The mettle, the soul, the spirit of the city are a part of each and every one of us. Hard not to love that, hard not to do everything in your power to protect, preserve, and grow that spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love Detroit... yet. But it's growing on me fast.

    ReplyDelete